Preparing the Rajasthan Renewable Energy Transmission in India
For Mercados – Aries International, the main objective of the assignment was to assist the transmission company in Rajasthan (India) (RVPN) to review the existing transmission system planning and operation to accommodate significant renewable energy penetration in the network, to share suitable international experiences and also support evaluation of various alternatives to enable smooth and reliable operation of the transmission system using the proposed multi-tranche financing facility.
Mercados – Aries International activities included:
- Review the detailed project report prepared by RVPN for the bulk power transmission evacuation system in Western Rajasthan including design configuration, procurement mode, contract packaging, cost estimates.
- Review the load flow results in the proposed detailed project report to develop and evacuate 4,200 MW of renewable energy.
- Review transmission system operation procedures.
- Identify and evaluate options to ensure smooth, reliable and predictable power flow.
- Support in developing a roadmap to implement renewable energy control centers and associated infrastructure and review technical specifications, cost estimates, packaging and implementation schedule.
- Share international experiences.
- Identify training and capacity building support.
- Participate in fact finding and other missions.
More Networks & Storage Projects
Please feel free to contact us for any request or information
Head of Consultancy
Head of Transmission