Dominican R. Master Plan & Power Loss Reduction
Under the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) funding, Mercados – Aries International was assigned to undertake the “Distribution System Master Plan and Power System Loss Study for the Dominican Republic”.
The main goals were the following:
- Elaborate an investment plan for the works needed to undertake the power distribution system expansion and loss reduction.
- Assure the power demand according to market growth until 2030.
- Assure the security and reliability of power system.
- Assure an efficient development of the power system which complies with quality regulations fixed by the regulatory agency.
- Propose a methodology to determine technical and non-technical losses.
- Prioritize the investments proposed for the grid expansion projects.
- Review the methodologies applied in the power loss reduction plans in order to obtain more sustainable results.
- Assure the sustainability and low environmental impact of the best options.
Please feel free to contact us for any request or information
Head of Consultancy
Head of Transmission